Activity day:2023-03-20 Published At：2023-03-20 Views:178 2023-03-20 updated
〔Notice〕Regarding the Application for Direct-Entry Doctoral Degree Programs at NTU
1. Eligibility of Applicant
Pursuant to Article 3 of the Regulations Governing Direct Ph.D. Programs, an eligible application:
(1) has achieved a grade point average in the top one-third of his or her class in the department, institute or degree program. The applicant’s department, graduate institute or degree program may elect to rank the student based on his or her grade point average over all required courses or on a more stringent set of criteria; or
(2) has achieved excellent academic performance, as determined by the department, graduate institute or degree program based on under other special circumstances.
2. Submit the following documents as part of the application package:
(1) The form “Application for Direct-Entry Doctoral Degree Programs”
(2) Undergraduate applicant: academic transcripts for all semesters attended; Graduate applicant: academic transcript(s) for at least one semester
(3) Two recommendation letters from academic faculty (at the level of assistant professor or above)
(4) Any other supporting documents required by the department, graduate institute or degree program
3. Submit the completed application to the department, graduate institute or degree program offering the Ph.D. program between April 10 and April 17.
4. Contact: Ms. Sun, Graduate Academic Affairs Division, Office of Academic Affairs at Tel. 3366–2388 (on-campus no. 62388) ext. 412.
5. For information about the NTU “Research Promotion Program for Direct-Entry Doctoral Degree Program Students”, refer to https://ord.ntu.edu.tw/w/ordntuEN/GW_21010406212110541 . Program contact: Mr. Ding, Office of Research and Development. Tel. 3366–6635.