2015 Part-time Internship Program for Global Investment Research (GIR) -Taipei
We are looking for final year students who can work for 2-3 days a week for a duration of 3 months, starting from end February 2015 (detailed work schedule is negotiable depending on school schedule), in one of our offices in Taipei. Candidates with excellent performance may be considered as 2015 fulltime Analyst Research Program (ART) program with our Global Investment Research division.
GOLDMAN SACHS FIRM OVERVIEW
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, China and other major financial centers around the world.
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH OVERVIEW
Global Investment Research (GIR) provides investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of companies, industries, markets and economies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns through our creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include mutual funds, hedge funds and pension funds, among others.
Selected candidates will work with a team of experienced equity analysts on the day-to-day research, including but not limited to tasks listed below:
• Researching and analyzing company and industry financial data and market information
• Building and maintaining earnings models and forecasting target prices
• Supporting activities that will be used in research reports as part of a regional and global sector team
• Undergraduate or Master degree with relevant coursework in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
• Relevant work experience gained through internship / part-time experience is an advantage
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Exceptional analytical skills, lateral thinking, and judgment
• Ability to work in a dynamic global environment with a focus on teamwork
• A proactive approach and a high level of enthusiasm
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Access), Macros
• Experience preparing models and using online research data tools
• Excellent time management, ability to meet strict and aggressive deadlines
• Investment research experience is an added advantage
Please complete your application online at goldmansachs.com/careers by Wednesday, 4 February, 2015. You can select “Other Internship and Work Placements” in Position, “Seasonal/Off-cycle Internship” in Program, “Global Investment Research” in Division and “Taipei” in Location.